Square Pegs was a CBS network comedy series created by Anne Beatts, starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Amy Linker in the lead roles.
The show premiered on September 27, 1982 which aired at 8:00 P.M. on Mondays, but struggled in the ratings against ABC's program "That's Incredible."
On March 7, 1983, "Square Pegs" ended after only one season & 20 episodes.
"Square Pegs" was about two awkward teenage girls, Patty Greene & Lauren Hutchinson, who are desperate to fit in and become popular at their high school.
- Sarah Jessica Parker as Patty Greene
- Amy Linker as Lauren Hutchinson
- John Femia as Marshall Blechtman
- Merritt Butrick as Johnny "Slash" Ulasewicz
- Tracy Nelson as Jennifer DeNuccio
- Claudette Wells as LaDonna Fredericks
- Jon Caliri as Vinnie Pasetta
- Jami Gertz as Muffy Tepperman
- Basil Hoffman as Principal Dingleman
- Steven Peterman as Mr. Donovan
The series was much acclaimed by critics at the time for its realistic look at teenage life, reflecting a sensibility somewhat similar to the John Hughes teen comedies of later years.