Pure Genius is a CBS medical drama series created by Jason Katims, starring Dermott Mulroney that premiered on October 27, 2016.
On November 21, 2016, CBS announced that it would not order more episodes than the 13 episodes commissioned.
The production for the show's first season wrapped on December 15, 2016 and the remaining commissioned episodes were broadcast for the remainder of its run.
James Bell is a Silicon Valley billionaire who dreams of building a hospital with ultimate cutting-edge technology to treat rare and incurable diseases.
He partners with a maverick surgeon, Dr. Walter Wallace, who leads the effort in clearing out the bureaucracy of medicine & focus on forward thinking, advancing technology and saving lives at no cost to the patient.
- Dermot Mulroney as Dr. Walter Wallace
- Augustus Prew as James Bell
- Reshma Shetty as Dr. Talaikha Channarayapatra
- Brenda Song as Angie
- Odette Annable as Zoe (aka Alex)
- Aaron Jennings as Dr. Malik Water
- Ward Horton as Dr. Scott Strauss