Criminal Minds is a CBS network police procedural\crime drama series created by Jeff Davis.
The show first aired on September 22, 2005 and as of 2016, it has aired for eleven seasons and 255 episodes.
The focal point of the series is about a group of FBI profilers who set about catching various criminals through behavioral profiling.
The plot focuses on the team working cases and also the personal lives of the characters, depicting the hardened life and statutory requirements of a profiler.
- Joe Mantegna as David Rossi [season 3-current]
- Thomas Gibson as Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Dr. Spencer Reid
- Shemar Moore as Derek Morgan [seasons 1 to 11]
- A.J. Cook as Jennifer "JJ" Jareau [seasons 1-5, season 7-current]
- Kirsten Vangsness as Penelope Garcia
- Paget Brewster as Emily Prentiss [seasons 2-7]
- Mandy Patinkin as Jason Gideon [seasons 1-3]
- Lola Glaudini as Elle Greenaway [seasons 1-2]
- Jeanne Tripplehorn as Alex Blake [season 8-9]
- Rachel Nichols as Ashley Seaver [season 6]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt as Kate Callahan [season 10]
- Aisha Tyler as Dr. Tara Lewis [season 11]
- Adam Rodriguez as Luke Alvez [season 12-current]
- Damon Gupton as Stephen Walker [season 12]
- Daniel Henney as Matt Simmons [season 13]
|Season||Episodes||Time slot (EST)||Original airing||Rank||Viewers|
|Season première||Season finale||TV season|
|1||22||Wednesday 9:00 pm||September 22, 2005||May 10, 2006||2005–06||No. 28||12.63|
|2||23||September 20, 2006||May 16, 2007||2006–07||No. 24||14.05|
|3||20||September 26, 2007||May 21, 2008||2007–08||No. 24||12.78|
|4||26||September 24, 2008||May 20, 2009||2008–09||No. 11||14.95|
|5||23||September 23, 2009||May 26, 2010||2009–10||No. 16||13.70|
|6||24||September 22, 2010||May 18, 2011||2010–11||No. 10||14.11|
|7||24||September 21, 2011||May 16, 2012||2011–12||No. 15||13.20|
|8||24||September 26, 2012||May 22, 2013||2012–13||No. 20||12.15|
|9||24||September 25, 2013||May 14, 2014||2013–14||No. 12||12.66|
|10||23||October 1, 2014||May 6, 2015||2014–15||No. 11||14.11|
|11||22||September 30, 2015||May 4, 2016||2015–16||No. 16||12.20|
*Note: the season 2 episode "The Big Game" achieved a series-high rating by attracting an audience of 26.31 million viewers and an 18–49 rating of 9.3.